World Pay (Cardsave)
Worldpay is a global leader in payments processing technology and solutions for merchant customers. Worldpay operates reliable and secure proprietary technology platforms that enable merchants to accept a vast array of payment types, across multiple channels, anywhere in the world.
Worldpay has been a pioneer in card payments, multi-currency processing, online payments and contactless, and is aiming to lead the way in expanding global reach, data analytics and optimisation, and the emerging field of integrated payments.
On a typical day, Worldpay process 31 million mobile, online and in-store transactions – that’s about 360 a second. In 2014 Worldpay handled c.11.5bn transactions, with a total value of c.£370bn and an average transaction value of £32.24. We supported c.400,000 merchants in 126 currencies across 146 countries, offering over 300 payment methods. Worldpay are the leader in payments in the UK, where we process approximately 42% of all transactions.
- Worldpay / Cardsave aimed to cleanse dialler data (DB – SQL Server 2008R2) to improve dialler efficiency, SSP productivity, improve customer experience, automate data loading from various source i.e. Excel, Oracle DB, Flatfiles and develop SSRS reporting suites and build DWH/cubes for better BI using Kimball methodology.
- Migrate Legacy data from excel, access and oracle 11g to on SQL Server 2008 R2
- Develop techniques to load data from 3rd parties and drop into correct campaigns using various business rules.
- Develop documentation to handover tools and pass knowledge to permanent employee as BAU process
- Project was initially kick started with Microsoft project plan to have clear and crisp picture of resource, budget risk and dependencies. Project was sub-divided into minor work streams to have minimal impact on BAU dialling routines
During this project we used following Technologies:
- Oracle 10g
- MS BI Stack (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, SQL)
- Microsoft Project Plan
- MS SQL server 2008 R2
- Worked closely with third parties to develop framework (i.e. SOAP, XML etc) to receive data and load data into the correct campaigns.
- Lead the development of all data framework for UK telecom regulatory (OFCOM)
- SSIS package developed with embedded C#/ CLR functions to read a network location and import data into production- it also make sure only cleanse data is loaded into production i.e. correct UK format phone, email address and assign to correct campaigns. Package has DB level configuration with HTML emails (using T-SQL procedure) to send email on each successfully data load.
- Developed Regular expression in C# which later deploy through SQL Assembler to perform data cleansing.
- Various C# classes developed for cleansing i.e. Postcode, email, phone number.
- Developed SSIS/T-SQL to take import feeds form Access and then T-SQL to logically suppress existing customer to improve productivity.
- Developed various procedure/function to perform physical deletion for duplicate customer to improve SSP productivity and reduce the wait call time.
- Logical suppression of existing records based on business model i.e. not SME, restricted sectors, duplicate records.
- Procedure developed to convert NTEXT to XML and the split XML data into columns to analyse data i.e. data sources, territorial Sales managers.
- Developed forecast model using t-SQL and SSRS.
- Developed various KPI reports using SSRS/Report Builder 3.0.
- DWH solution developed to handle growing BI needs.
- Cleanse Legacy DB using PL/SQL for various existing KPI and migration.