About this project
British Gas residential aimed to replace the existing Siebel CRM to SAP ISU and SAP CRM in order to simplify billing and customer acquisition journey. Project involved data cleansing, reporting, dashboard and migration using various business rules.
I was later given task to look into the incident management and automate the fixes and handover the deployed fixes to offshore team with documentation/Wiki.
- Working on delivering operational and strategic project change through data jobs and ad-hoc reports on various systems as raised by the business using Oracle, UNIX, SQL Server and ABAP.
- Dimension and data modelling using Erwin or MS visio.
- Tweak and fix the existing code written in JAVA/J2EE.
- Develop MI reports using Excel, VBA and SSRS.
- Custom VBA forms created to help automate the population of spreadsheets and provide data validation and the application of business rules.
- Upgrade/tweak the existing VBA code; so the code can handle the next release i.e. excel 2010.
- Automate the existing report using VBA and linked to various data sources i.e. Access/SQL Server 2008.
- Work on Incidents/ adhoc fixes using various tools e.g. Unix, Oracle, SAP front end, SAP ABAP etc
- Actively participate in ETL activities using SSIS packages from SAP and Oracle Siebel.
- Migrate data from Siebel CRM to SAP-ISU, SAP CRM in order help simplify their customer acquisitions process and enhance the quality of service given to their customers.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Access
database, Excel spreadsheet and flat files into SQL server 2008 for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Created Reports inSSRS with different type of properties like Chart controls, filters, Interactive sorting, SQL parameters etc
- Developed dashboard and reporting suite for internal and external stakeholder using SSRS.
- Automate existing reporting suites using SSRS and job schedule to produce KPI’s in timely manner.
- Investigating source data and understanding existing code and logic used/called to identify errors and enable robust solution design.
- Provide data solutions for comparison and matching both within and across core systems and data marts.
- Data profiling of customer and product data to provide metrics on data quality/health and understand risks and challenges for project data work streams using SQL, T-SQL.
- Assist in the ongoing enhancement of a central Data warehouse solution that will support dashboard reporting and drill down.
- Responsibility for project deliverables using either Agile or Prince related delivery mechanisms, including participating in project control forums such as Scrums, progress meetings, RAID analysis etc.
- Trigger data refresh across core reporting/analysis databases to provide working datasets for further analysis and fixes to the wider data team.
- Data cleansing, root cause analysis on core systems using SQL/PL-SQL, UNIX and ABAP.
- Develop ABAP code to cleanse data in ISU and CRM.
- Data Migration from various using tool i.e. SQL*Loader, Unix scripts, SSIS, CTL files etc.
- Unit testing and functional testing of the code before moving the code from Dev Environment to Production with an evidence of resolution document for business cases.